All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnjoy a fresh new approach to sock knitting! Stephanie van der Linden is a master knitter, and shows her technical skills to great effect in Op-Art Socks. Also a collector of op-art ceramics, she was inspired to translate graphic optical illusions into knitted patterns for socks, replicating their eye-popping effects. Op-Art Socks contain 19 projects. Explore graphic colorwork, textured knitting (knit and purl), shadow knitting, and shifting ribbing to create optical illusions. The book includes black and white swatches of all patterns so that you can readily perceive the Op Art illusions in each piece. Opt-Art Socks is truly unique in theme and designs. Go beyond ordinary sock knitting into new territory!
- Author BiographyStephanie van der Linden is a knitwear designer based in Friedberg, Germany. Her designs have appeared in Twist Collective and Anna Crafts. She is the author of Around the World in Knitted Socks as well as several knitting books in German.
- Author(s)Stephanie Van der Linden
- PublisherInterweave Press Inc
- Date of Publication31/03/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLoveland, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInterweave Press Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations, figures
- Weight617 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.