Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume of Creating the 21st-Century Academic Library looks closely at issues of policy and infrastructure for libraries that wish to provide leadership on their campus in the transition to more open forms of scholarship. The authors discuss how to make the case for open access on campus, as well as the political and policy implications of libraries that themselves want to become publishing entities.
- Author BiographyKevin L. Smith is the Dean of Libraries at the University of Kansas, and was previously the Director of Copyright & Scholarly Communications at Duke University. A lawyer as well as a librarian, Kevin has spent a decade advising university students, faculty, and staff about copyright, licensing and scholarly publishing. He is a prolific writer on these topics, and his book Owning and Using Scholarship: An IP Handbook for Teachers and Researchers was published by the Association of College and Research Libraries in 2014. Katherine A. Dickson is a recent graduate of the School of Information and Library Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. While in library school, she worked at Duke University's Office of Copyright & Scholarly Communications, where she negotiated issues of fair use and sought permissions in order to facilitate online education classes. Prior to attending library school, she was a practicing attorney for seven years, first in Washington, D.C. and then in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. In addition to her M.L.S. and J.D., Kate holds a Master's degree in American legal history from the University of Virginia.
- Author(s)Katherine A. Dickson,Kevin L. Smith
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication05/10/2016
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleCreating the 21st-Century Academic Library
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight467 g
- Width151 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.