Open Data Now: The Secret to Hot Startups, Smart Investing, Savvy Marketing, and Fast Innovation by Joel Gurin (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.18Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.50Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat happens when Big Data is made open to you? Discover how Open Data can benefit you, your business, and your brand Open Data Now is an instant classic-essential reading. (Daniel Goleman, author of Emotional Intelligence and Focus). What is Open Data? Open Data is the world's greatest free resource - unprecedented access to thousands of databases - and it is one of the most revolutionary developments since the Information Age began. Combining two major trends - the exponential growth of digital data and the emerging culture of disclosure and transparency - Open Data gives you and your business full access to information that has never been available to the average person until w. Unlike most Big Data, Open Data is transparent, accessible, and reusable in ways that give it the power to transform business, government, and society. Open Data Now is an essential guide to understanding all kinds of open databases - business, government, science, techlogy, retail, social media, and more - and using those resources to your best advantage. You'll learn how to tap crowds for fast invation, conduct research through open collaboration, and manage and market your business in a transparent marketplace. Open Data is open for business - and the opportunities are as big and boundless as the Internet itself. This powerful, practical book shows you how to harness the power of Open Data in a variety of applications: Hot Startups: turn government data into profitable ventures; Savvy Marketing: understand how reputational data drives your brand; Data-Driven Investing: apply new tools for business analysis; Consumer In Formation: connect with your customers using smart disclosure; Green Business: use data to bet on sustainable companies; FAST R&D: turn the online world into your research lab; and New Opportunities: explore open fields for new businesses. Whether you're a marketing professional who wants to stay on top of what's trending, a budding entrepreneur with a billion-dollar idea and limited resources, or a struggling business owner trying to stay competitive in a changing global market - or if you just want to understand the cutting edge of information techlogy - Open Data Now offers a wealth of big ideas, strategies, and techniques that wouldn't have been possible before Open Data leveled the playing field. The revolution is here and it's w. It's Open Data Now. Praise for Open Data Now: In Open Data Now, Joel Gurin presents a strategy for success in the coming era of massive data. Open Data gives business unprecedented power to understand customers and earn their trust. Any organization that wants to connect with the people it serves needs these lessons. Open Data Now is an instant classic-essential reading for entrepreneurs, small business owners, corporate executives, or anyone who needs to understand this new information reality. (Daniel Goleman, author of Emotional Intelligence and Focus: The Hidden Driver of Excellence). Data is the new oil of the Internet, yet much of it is locked up because of habits inherited from the days of index cards and filing cabinets. In Open Data Now, Joel Gurin, who lives at the epicenter of this new data-driven world, describes how these hidden resources can be transformed into public wealth and vibrant commerce, and gives us a road map for making it happen. This book will convert you to a new way of thinking about data and open your eyes to huge new possibilities. (Alex Sandy Pentland, Director, MIT Media Lab Entrepreneurship Program). This compelling and cutting-edge book is a must-read for anyone following the paply of issues swirling around personal and public data. (Josh Gottheimer, General Manager, Strategic Initiatives and Operations, Microsoft). Open Data is one of the most important ways in which society can tap information, extract new ecomic value, and promote government transparency. Joel Gurin has used his wide-ranging expertise to identify the landmarks - and th
- Author BiographyFrom 2011 to 2012 Joel Gurin served as chair of the White House Task Force on Smart Disclosure, using Open Data to help consumers make informed choices on healthcare, financial services, education, and energy. An awardwinning science journalist, he is currently senior advisor at the GovLab at New York University. Gurin is the former editorial director and executive vice president of Consumer Reports and the former chief of the consumer bureau of the Federal Communications Commission.
- Author(s)Joel Gurin
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleBusiness Books
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width160 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine33 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.