All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.12Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.42Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionFood and beverage companies are increasingly choosing to enhance internal idea development by pursuing an 'open invation' approach, allowing the additional exploitation of external ideas and paths to market. Drawing on a range of important case studies, Open invation in the food and beverage industry investigates the challenges and opportunities afforded by the incorporation of open invation into the food industry. Part one provides a comprehensive overview of the changing nature of invation in the food and drink industry, ackwledging trends and considering the implications and impact of open invation. Part two then reviews the role of partners and networks in open invation, with collaboration, co-creation of value with consumers, the effectiveness of cluster organizations and the importance of network kwledge all discussed, before part three goes on to explore the establishment and varied management aspects of open invation partnerships and networks. Finally, open-invation tools, processes and managerial frameworks are the focus of part four, with discussion of the development, application and psychology of a range of initiatives. With its distinguished editor and international team of expert contributors, Open invation in the food and beverage industry is a unique guide to the implementation and management of open invation for all food industry professionals involved in management, research and product development, as well as academics with an interest in open invation across all industries.
- Author BiographyDr Marian Garcia Martinez is Director of the MSc in Value Chain Management and Senior Lecturer in Agri-Food Marketing at Kent Business School, UK. Her research focuses on NPD and innovation managements, in particular how SMEs use consumer insights to enhance their innovation performance. She has published numerous articles on the transition from closed to open innovation and the organisational and managerial challenges companies face to accommodate a more externally orientated mind-set.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication22/01/2013
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Food Science, Technology and Nutrition
- Series Part/Volume Number243
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight790 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMarian Garcia Martinez
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.