All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>George Plimpton takes to the ice with the Boston Bruins in this memorable portrait of the rough-and-tumble world of professional hockey, repackaged and w featuring a foreword from Denis Leary and never-before-seen content from the Plimpton Archives. In OPEN NET, George Plimpton takes to the ice as goalie for his beloved Boston Bruins. After signing a release holding the Bruins blameless if he should meet with injury or death, he survives a harrowing, seemingly eternal five minutes in an exhibition game against the always-tough Philadelphia Flyers. With reflections on such hockey greats as Wayne Gretzky, Bobby Orr, and Eddie Shore, OPEN NET is at once a celebration of the thrills and grace of the greatest sport on ice and a probing meditation into the hopes and fears of every man.
- Author Biography<strong>George Plimpton </strong>(1927-2003) was the bestselling author and editor of nearly thirty books, as well as the cofounder, publisher, and editor of the <em>Paris Review</em>. He wrote regularly for such magazines as <em>Sports Illustrated </em>and <em>Esquire</em>, and he appeared numerous times in films and on television.
- Author(s)George Plimpton
- PublisherLittle Brown and Company
- Date of Publication26/04/2016
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle Brown and Company
- Weight363 g
- Width142 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byDenis Leary
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.