Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.39Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionBased on his first-hand experiences and observations of how the Department of Homeland Security is failing to make America safe, Ervin shows the real threats we face--from nuclear attack to homegrown terrorism. Pushed out by the White House for refusing to sugarcoat its failures, Ervin candidly discusses the circumstances of his departure. He takes the reader inside the decision-making councils of this newest department of the U.S. government, and shows how his team's prescriptions for urgent change were igred--leaving the US vulnerable to ather terrorist attack.
- Author BiographyClark Kent Ervin is former Inspector General of the Department of Homeland Security and currently holds a post at the Aspen Institute. He is an on-air terrorism analyst for CNN, and will be appearing regularly as an expert on Wolf Blitzer's new show, The Situation Room. Previously, Ervin served as Inspector General of the State Department for over a year under Secretary Powell, and worked as Assistant Secretary of the State of Texas under President George W. Bush when he was Governor of Texas. Ervin has been profiled in media such as U.S. News and World Report, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, among others. He lives in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Clark Kent Ervin
- PublisherPalgrave MacMillan
- Date of Publication15/05/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave MacMillan
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width147 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.