All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDismissed as washed up due to injury, Cass Flynn has just found out she's been elevated from alternate to competitor for the Double Scull US Rowing Team on its way to China. With only a few weeks until the event debuts with the whole world watching, she is itching to prove she can still row at world-class speeds. It's her last chance--at 32 she can't afford to wait ather four years.Aloof 28-year-old Stroke-of-the-Eights rower Laura Kelley doubts her last minute teammate's suitability as much as anyone, but has little time to dwell on it. Her own inconsistency since the suicide of her ex's younger sister has t gone unticed, and her ex's appearance at training camp literally rocks the boat. Driven by their own hearts to compete at speeds thought impossible only years earlier, Cass and Laura plunge into training with one goal in mind: gold. Fate has other plans, and medals aren't the only things at risk. Pol Robinson's debut romance vel dives into the ultimate competition with a riveting story of world-class athletes and the passions that drive them.
- Author BiographyPol Robinson is a displaced Wisconsin graduate and resident now living in southern California. A childhood spent watching the Badgers and Packers lose shaped her interest in, and love of, all things sport-related and engendered a love of the underdog. A couple of post-graduate degrees and 11 years in the USAF/A later, she is a professor and doctoral student in the Los Angeles area, where she lives with her partner and their brilliant dog, Charlie. An avid fan of rowing, Pol was stunned to be recruited to the USC Rowing squad while on a flight back from Hawaii, an opportunity she hated to turn down, but one that served to rekindle her sporting spirit. From that experience, and subsequent participation in Master's rowing events, was born her first novel, Open Water.
- Author(s)Pol Robinson
- PublisherBella Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationFerndale, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBella Books
- Out-of-print date18/07/2015
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $18.21Trending at AU $22.12
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.