Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionA smart, biting, and honest peek into what it means to be a woman on Wall Street. I loved this book. --Reese Witherspoon Working Girl meets Wolf of Wall Street in this in-depth, behind-the-pinstripe peek inside a temple of elite finance, navigated by a sharp, smart woman in an old boys' world. --Jill Kargman, author and creator of Odd Mom Out Getting rich on Wall Street would be a lot more fun if the men would keep their hands off her assets. A whip-smart and funny vel told by a former Wall Street insider who reveals what it's like for a working woman to balance love, ambition, and family in a world of glamorous excess, outrageous risk-taking, and jaw-dropping sexism. In 2008, Isabelle--a self-made, thirty-something Wall Street star--appears to have it all: an Upper West Side apartment, three healthy children, a handsome husband, and a high-powered job. But her reality is something else. Her trading desk work environment resembles a 1980s frat party, her husband feels employment is beneath him, and the bulk of childcare and homecare still falls in Belle's already full lap. Enter Henry, the former college fiance she never quite got over; w a hedge fund mogul. He becomes her largest client, and Belle gets to see the life she might have had with him. While Henry campaigns to win Belle back, the sexually harassed women in her office take action to improve their working conditions, and recruit a wary Belle into a secret glass ceiling club whose goal is to mellow the cowboy banking culture and get equal pay for their work. All along, Belle can sense the financial markets heading toward their soon-to-be historic crash and that something has to give--and when it does, everything is going to change: her marriage, her career, her world, and her need to keep her colleagues' hands to themselves. From Maureen Sherry, a prize winning writer, a former Managing Director on Wall Street (who never signed a ndisclosure agreement when she left), Opening Belle takes readers into the adrenaline-fueled chaos of a Wall Street trading desk, the lavish parties, the lunch-time rendezvous, and ultimately into the heart of a woman who finds it easier to cook up millions at work than dinner at home.
- Author(s)Maureen Sherry
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Weight499 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.