All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionModern information and communication techlogies, together with a cultural upheaval within the research community, have profoundly changed research in nearly every aspect. Ranging from sharing and discussing ideas in social networks for scientists to new collaborative environments and vel publication formats, kwledge creation and dissemination as we kw it is experiencing a vigorous shift towards increased transparency, collaboration and accessibility. Many assume that research workflows will change more in the next 20 years than they have in the last 200. This book provides researchers, decision makers, and other scientific stakeholders with a snapshot of the basics, the tools, and the underlying visions that drive the current scientific (r)evolution, often called 'Open Science.'
- Author BiographyDr. Sascha Friesike heads the Open Science research team at the Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society. After studying Industrial Engineering at Berlin Technical University and conducting research at Stanford University's Center for Design Research, he received his Ph.D. from the University of St. Gallen. Dr. med. Sonke Bartling is an Open Science researcher and radiologist. He leads a basic research group on Personalized Interventional Oncotherapy at the German Cancer Research Center in Heidelberg and is the section head of Translational Medicine at the Department of Clinical Radiology and Nuclear Medicine at the Mannheim University Medical Center.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication17/12/2013
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 30 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight689 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited bySascha Friesike,Soenke Bartling
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.