All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
About this product
- DescriptionWhy do we do what we do? What happens as a result? How do we make sense of, and find meaning in, our lives and in the world that contains us? How do we render wholeness out of brokenness, creating mosaics of beauty and functionality from the rent pieces of our lives? This collection of Sabbath meditations invites readers to inhabit the questions with intention and joy. With a pastor's sensibility, a writer's lyricism, and a generous heart, Leaf Seligman invokes poetry, thinking from diverse spiritual traditions, and stories from her own walk through life to grapple with enduring religious themes and contemporary challenges. It is the preacher's responsibility to be of use, to choose words with great care, and open the window so spirit can move in and out, she writes in her afterword. Indeed, these meditations the words themselves and their call to a more fully understood, more deeply felt life resonate long after the bookmark is tucked into place and the covers closed. Read them slowly and deliberately. Let them be your company as you journey through the Sabbath and into the week.
- Author BiographyLEAF SELIGMAN is the settled minister at First Parish Church, Unitarian Universalist, in Fitchburg, Massachusetts. She has a master's degree in writing from the University of New Hampshire, and has taught writing at that university, at Franklin Pierce University, at Keene State College, and in New Hampshire prisons and jails. Her essays have been published in Creative Nonfiction and New Thought Journal. A graduate of Harvard Divinity School, where she won the Billings Prize for Preaching, she has served as a volunteer chaplain in both a hospital and a jail. Leaf lives joyfully with her dog among the trees of southwestern New Hampshire.
- Author(s)Leaf Seligman
- PublisherBauhan (William L.),U.S.
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBauhan (William L.),U.S.
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.