All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionOperating System, an integral part of any computer, is the interface between the computer users and the hardware. This comprehensive book provides the readers with the basic under-standing of the theoretical and practical aspects of operating systems.<br><br>The text explains the operating systems and components of operating systems including attributes of Linux and Unix operating systems. It also discusses Android operating system and Tablet computer. The book explicates in-depth the concepts of process, threads/multithreading and scheduling and describes process synchronisation, deadlocks and memory management including file access methods and directory structure. In addition, it also describes security and protection along with distributed file systems.<br><br>The book is designed as a textbook for undergraduate students of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, and Information Techlogy as well as post-graduate students of computer applications and computer science.
- Author Biography<strong>I. Chandra Mohan</strong>, Ph.D., was Professor and Head, Department of Mathematics, S.V. University, Tirupati. He has over three decades of teaching experience in the fields of Computer Science and Computer Applications. During this period, he has guided a number of Ph.D. and M.Phil. students in the field. Professor Chandra Mohan has also authored a book <em>Design and Analysis of Algorithms, 2nd ed.,</em> published by PHI Learning.
- Author(s)I. Chandra Mohan
- PublisherPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.