CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionReprinted due to popular demand, this highly significant book draws attention to one of the best kept secrets of the Second World War. Through Squadron histories, log books, official reports and interviews with the people who flew clipped winged Spitfires to dive-bomb V2 rocket sites towards the end of World War 2, a story as fascinating as the Dam Busters Raid or the Battle of Britain is at last fully told. The authors explain the difficulties of the missions, utilizing the first-hand recollections of the men who completed the dive-bombing raids. They show the extreme dangers and complexities of dive-bombing as well as how to dive-bomb, all of which is supported by lists of the Spitfires that flew with the squadrons and V1 and V2 target statistics. This book is an essential reading for all those interested in the Second World War.
- Author BiographyCraig Cabell has previously published four books in the genres of biography and military history. He worked as an in-house reporter for Focus - The House Journal of the Ministry of Defence for five years and has been a freelance journalist for over fifteen, working for newspapers such as The Independent. He currently lives in London. Graham Thomas is an Information Officer for the Government Information Communications Service at Media Ops in Salisbury. He is also a former reporter with Focus . His previous publications include a military history of the Korean War and a contribution to an official book on the Iraqi war produced by the British Army.
- Author(s)Craig Cabell,Graham A. Thomas
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2006
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpellmount Publishers Ltd
- Content Note8
- Weight410 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.