All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionOn 18 November 1941, the British launched Operation Crusader against the Axis positions in Africa. The plan was to bring the armour of the German Afrika Korps to battle and to beat it in open warfare with the w superior strength of Eighth Army, and to relieve the isolated British garrison at Tobruk. Initially meeting with disaster, the British redoubled their efforts, fought through to Tobruk, and pushed back Rommel's Afrika Korps. Written by popular Osprey author, Ken Ford, Operation Crusader tells the story of the British victory that demonstrated their ability to fight head-to-head against the Germans in Africa.
- Author BiographyKen Ford trained as an engineer and spent almost 30 years in the telecommunications industry before a change in career led him to become a full-time military historian. He is the author of over 20 books on various aspects of World War II, including Campaign 158: El Alamein 1942. Ken now lives in Southampton, UK. The author lives in Southampton, UK.
- Author(s)Ken Ford
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/06/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleCampaign
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 220
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight357 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)John White
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.