All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.73Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- Description1956. Argentina has just lost its charismatic president Juan Peron in a military coup, and terror reigns across the land. June 1956: eighteen people are reported dead in a failed Peronist uprising. December 1956: sometime journalist, crime fiction writer, studiedly unpoliticized chess aficionado Rodolfo Walsh learns by chance that one of the executed civilians from a separate, secret execution in June, is alive. He hears that there may be more than one survivor and believes this unbelievable story on the spot. And right there, the monumental classic Operation Massacre is born. <p/>Walsh made it his mission to find t only the survivors but widows, orphans, political refugees, fugitives, alleged informers, and anymous heroes, in order to determine what happened that night, sending him on a journey that took over the rest of his life. <p/>Originally published in 1957, Operation Massacre thoroughly and breathlessly recounts the night of the execution and its fallout.
- Author BiographyThe grandson of Irish immigrants, Rudolfo Walsh was born in a small Patagonian town in 1927. He wrote crime fiction and worked as a translator before publishing Operacion Masacre in 1957. Walsh then traveled to Cuba in the midst of the revolution and launched a newspaper in collaboration with Gabriel Garcia Marquez, among others. Upon his return to Argentina in 1961 he was shunned by the journalistic community for his connections to the Cuban Revolution. In 1972, Walsh updated Operacion Masacre for the fourth and final time before joining the radical leftist group, the Monteneros, the following year. A day after submitting his now famous 1977 Open Letter from a Writer to the Military Junta, Walsh was gunned down in the street by agents of the State.
- Author(s)Rodolfo Walsh
- PublisherSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.