All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book to provide a broad look at how Operational Research methods can be applied practically to the field of sports, with applications including timetabling, scheduling, and strategy.
- Author BiographyMike Wright is Professor of Operational Research at Lancaster University and has researched extensively in the area of OR in Sports since 1989. His main interests are: the practical implementations of sports timetabling and scheduling using complex metaheuristic methods; the analysis of tactics and strategy in sport; and the analysis of the potential and actual effects of changes in sporting rules and laws. He has published numerous papers in the area in a variety of top international academic journals, and presented papers at many international conferences. Mike has worked with the England and Wales Cricket Board since 1990, timetabling cricket fixtures and allocating umpires, and has done similar work for New Zealand Cricket, Basketball New Zealand, New Zealand Rugby Union, the Minor Counties Cricket Association, the Devon Cricket League, the Home Counties Cricket League and the ICC Cricket World Cups in 1999 and 2007.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication05/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Series TitleOR Essentials
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight460 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byMike Wright,Susan Perry
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.