Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains the proceedings of the AMS Special Session on Harmonic Analysis of Frames, Wavelets, and Tilings, held April 13-14, 2013, in Boulder, Colorado, USA. Frames were first introduced by Duffin and Schaeffer in 1952 in the context of nharmonic Fourier series but have enjoyed widespread interest in recent years, particularly as a unifying concept. Indeed, mathematicians with backgrounds as diverse as classical and modern harmonic analysis, Banach space theory, operator algebras, and complex analysis have recently worked in frame theory. Frame theory appears in the context of wavelets, spectra and tilings, sampling theory, and more. The papers in this volume touch on a wide variety of topics, including: convex geometry, direct integral decompositions, Beurling density, operator-valued measures, and splines. These varied topics arise naturally in the study of frames in finite and infinite dimensions. In nearly all of the papers, techniques from operator theory serve as crucial tools to solving problems in frame theory. This volume will be of interest t only to researchers in frame theory but also to those in approximation theory, representation theory, functional analysis, and harmonic analysis.
- Author BiographyVeronika Furst , Fort Lewis College, Durango, CO, USA. Keri A. Kornelson , University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK, USA. Eric S. Weber , Iowa State University, Ames, IA, USA.
- PublisherAmerican Mathematical Society
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- Series TitleContemporary Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number626
- Place of PublicationProvidence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Mathematical Society
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byEric S. Weber,Keri A. Kornelson,Veronika Furst
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.