Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionIn several places in Isaiah 56-66 a group of Israelites is accused of engaging in various forms of aberrant religious practice: the sacrifice of children, the eating of swine, participation in fertility rites, the practice of necromancy, offering sacrifice to deities known as Gad and Meni, and a host of other things. Who are these people? Certainly not the Zadokite priesthood, as Paul Hanson claimed in his The Dawn of Apocalyptic. More likely argues Schramm, they are simply traditional syncretistic Yahwists.
- Author BiographyBrooks Schramm is Assistant Professor of Old Testament, Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Brooks Schramm
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight324 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.