All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a practical, full-color guide to optical manufacturing. Featuring more than 300 full-color photos and illustrations, Optical Techlogy describes the basics of optics and optical materials and the methods and applications of optical manufacturing and assembly. Important procedures for the production of optical components and systems are examined in detail. Real-world examples demonstrate the potential of various manufacturing procedures, and end-of-chapter questions reinforce key concepts. This is an invaluable resource for optical designers and fabrication engineers and also a well-rounded introduction to optics and optical techlogy. On the book's website are more than two hours of video featuring selected fabrication and assembly techniques. Optical Techlogy covers: development of glass and optical production; basics of optics; optical materials, including mineral glass, organic glass, and crystals; foundations of the manufacturing process; primary forming of optical glass; transforming methods; cutting processes, including dividing, grinding, drilling, lapping, polishing, and centering; ultra-precision processing, structuring, and cleaning; coating with protective and optical layers Material property changes, such as annealing, strengthening, aging, coloration, and phototropic effects; joining processes, including blocking, clamping, and connecting optical elements; and selecting fabrication techlogies based on required specifications.
- Author BiographyJens Bliedtner is a professor in the Department of Science and Technology at the University of Jena in Germany. Gunter Grafe is a professor in the Department of Science and Technology at the University of Jena in Germany. Rupert Hector is a senior engineer at DRS Optronics, Inc., in Melbourne, Florida.
- Author(s)Gunter Grafe,Jens Bliedtner,Rupert Hector
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleElectronics
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Notecol. ill
- Weight920 g
- Width193 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.27
- AU $10.97Trending at AU $14.49
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.26
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.86
- AU $43.43Trending at AU $48.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.