Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers linear and nlinear optics as well as optical spectroscopy at solid surfaces and at interfaces between a solid and a liquid or gas. The authors give a concise introduction to the physics of surfaces and interfaces. They discuss in detail physical properties of solid surfaces and of their interfaces to liquids and gases and provide the theoretical background for understanding various optical techniques. The major part of the book is dedicated to a broad review on optical techniques and topical applications such as infrared and optical spectroscopy or optical microscopy. Discussions of nlinear optics, but also na-optics and local spectroscopy complement this self-contained work. Helpful features include about 50 problems with solutions, a glossary and a thoroughly elaborated list of topical references. The book is suited as a text for graduate students but also for scientists working in physics, chemistry, materials or life sciences who look for an expert introduction to surface optical aspects of their studies.
- Author BiographyVladimir G. Bordo received a Ph.D. degree in theoretical and mathematical physics from Leningrad State University, Leningrad, USSR, and the Doctor of Sciences degree in laser physics from the General Physics Institute, Moscow, Russia, in 1984 and 2002, respectively. Since 1985, he spent two years as a Research Associate at Vavilov State Optical Institute, Leningrad. In 1987, he joined the General Physics Institute, Moscow, where he has been a Leading Research Associate at the Natural Sciences Center since 2002. He was also a visiting professor at the University of Southern Denmark, Odense, in 2000 and 2004. Horst-Gunter Rubahn received his Ph.D. and habilitation degrees from Georg-August-Universitat Gottingen, Germany, in 1988 and 1998, respectively. He was a postdoctoral student at Stanford University, Stanford, CA, and at the Technische Universitat Kaiserslautern, Germany. He was also with the Max-Planck-Institut fur Stromungsforschung, Gottingen, Germany. He was a visiting Professor at the University of Toulouse 1999 and an Associate Professor at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU), Odense, from 1999 until 2004. Since 2004 he has been a full professor at SDU.
- Author(s)Horst-Gunter Rubahn,Vladimir G. Bordo
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication30/09/2005
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight552 g
- Width173 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.