All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.34
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers a wide range of topics within mathematical modelling and the optimization of ecomic, demographic, techlogical and environmental phemena. Each chapter is written by experts in their field and represents new advances in modelling theory and practice. These essays are exemplary of the fruitful interaction between theory and practice when exploring global and local changes. The unifying theme of the book is the use of mathematical models and optimization methods to describe age-structured populations in ecomy, demography, techlogical change, and the environment. Emphasis is placed on deterministic dynamic models that take age or size structures, delay effects, and n-standard decision variables into account. In addition, the contributions deal with the age structure of assets, resources, and populations under study. Interdisciplinary modelling has ermous potential for discovering new insights in global and regional development. Optimal Control of Age-structured Populations in Ecomy, Demography, and the Environment is a rich and excellent source of information on state-of-the-art modelling expertise and references. The book provides the necessary mathematical background for readers from different areas, such as applied sciences, management sciences and operations research, which helps guide the development of practical models. As well as this the book also surveys the current practice in applied modelling and looks at new research areas for a general mathematical audience. This book will be of interest primarily to researchers, postgraduate students, as well as a wider scientific community, including those focussing on the subjects of applied mathematics, environmental sciences, ecomics, demography, management, and operations research.
- Author BiographyRaouf Boucekkine is Professor of Economics at the Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium, and the University of Glasgow, UK. He is currently research co-director of the Center of Operation Research and Econometrics (CORE) at Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium. Natali Hritonenko is a Professor in the Department of Mathematics at Prairie View A&M University, USA. Yuri Yatsenko is a Professor in the School of Business at Houston Baptist University, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/09/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Explorations in Environmental Economics
- Series Part/Volume Number29
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note47 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white tables, 47 black & white line drawings
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byNatali Hritonenko,Raouf Boucekkine,Yuri Yatsenko
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.