All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionAn easy-to-implement blueprint from the mathematician who reverse-engineered OkCupid and met the woman of his dreams in 90 days. Christopher McKinlay has been featured in Wired Magazine and Good Morning America for his groundbreaking analysis of OkCupid. For the first time he's showing n-experts how to turn Internet dating on its head. This concise guide will show anyone (straight, gay, male or female) the procedure McKinlay used to meet his fiancee and how the same ideas can transform their lives and bring them from browsing to contact. One summer evening while logged into a supercomputer in Colorado waiting for a large computation, McKinlay was killing time on OkC when he was troubled by a problem: what if large groups of people responded to OkCupid's personality questionnaire in statistically similar ways? He created custom software to scrape data from the site, collecting over 6,000,000 answers to OkC's match questions from more than 20,000 real users. This data made clear he'd been using the site the wrong way. Based on his findings, McKinlay (a mathematics PhD), optimized his own profile. The transformation was profound. He went from showing a match percentage of 90% with a few hundred women in the L.A. area to showing 90% or higher with over 30,000 local women. Unsolicited messages from attractive strangers began flooding his inbox. With a foreword by Jon Finkel, McKinlay's insightful how-to will teach you how to benefit from the buried statistical patterns of online romance.
- Author BiographyChristopher McKinlay is an applied mathematician. While still a graduate student at UCLA, he used a variety of machine learning techniques to reverse-engineer the dating website OkCupid. He received over 1,000 unsolicited messages from women, resulting in 88 dates over the course of three months. His 88th date was with his fiancee.
- Author(s)Christopher McKinlay
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight73 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.