All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe lasting benefits of detoxification and internal cleanses are becoming well-kwn and accepted--in part, because these practices are more vital than ever for optimal health and longevity and in the fight against environmental and dietary toxins. Christopher Vasey shows how accumulation of toxins is the primary cause of illness and how the key to successful detoxification is identifying the type of toxin--either colloidal or crystalline--polluting your biological terrain. He explains how colloidal toxins hinder circulation and organ function, while crystals move around the body damaging tissues and causing lesions and pain. Left unchecked, the two forms can combine to create stones --such as gallstones or kidney stones. Beyond finding the cause of an illness, the most important reason to correctly diagse your type of toxin is to ensure you choose the most effective method of detoxification and stimulate the appropriate excretory organ--liver, intestines, kidneys, lungs, or skin. For example, a person seeking to purge his system of crystals should increase his fluid intake to stimulate the kidneys t encourage bile production, because crystals cant be expelled via the liver. With clear, practical instructions and guidance, Vasey explains how to identify which type of toxin is triggering your illness and which medicinal herbs, hydrotherapy techniques, or nutritional options are the best choice for each specific condition or combination of ailments. He reveals which foods produce colloidal and crystalline toxins and should therefore be avoided. This targeted method of detoxification enables each of us to cleanse our bodies of accumulated toxins safely, accurately, and successfully.
- Author BiographyChristopher Vasey, N.D., is a naturopath specializing in detoxification and rejuvenation. He is the author of The Acid-Alkaline Diet for Optimum Health, The Naturopathic Way, The Water Prescription, The Whey Prescription, The Detox Mono Diet, and The Healing Power of Fever. He lives near Montreux, Switzerland.
- Author(s)Christopher Vasey
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication23/02/2013
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintHealing Arts Press
- Content Note26 b&w illustrations
- Weight235 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.