All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionOptimal Networked Control Systems with MATLAB(R) discusses optimal controller design in discrete time for networked control systems (NCS). The authors apply several powerful modern control techniques in discrete time to the design of intelligent controllers for such NCS. Detailed derivations, rigorous stability proofs, computer simulation examples, and downloadable MATLAB(R) codes are included for each case. The book begins by providing background on NCS, networked imperfections, dynamical systems, stability theory, and stochastic optimal adaptive controllers in discrete time for linear and nlinear systems. It lays the foundation for reinforcement learning-based optimal adaptive controller use for finite and infinite horizons. The text then: * Introduces quantization effects for linear and nlinear NCS, describing the design of stochastic adaptive controllers for a class of linear and nlinear systems * Presents two-player zero-sum game-theoretic formulation for linear systems in input-output form enclosed by a communication network * Addresses the stochastic optimal control of nlinear NCS by using neuro dynamic programming * Explores stochastic optimal design for nlinear two-player zero-sum games under communication constraints * Treats an event-sampled distributed NCS to minimize transmission of state and control signals within the feedback loop via the communication network * Covers distributed joint optimal network scheduling and control design for wireless NCS, as well as the effect of network protocols on the wireless NCS controller design An ideal reference for graduate students, university researchers, and practicing engineers, Optimal Networked Control Systems with MATLAB(R) instills a solid understanding of neural network controllers and how to build them.
- Author BiographyJagannathan Sarangapani (referred to as S. Jagannathan) is a Rutledge-Emerson endowed chair professor of electrical and computer engineering and the site director for the National Science Foundation Industry/University Cooperative Research Center on Intelligent Maintenance Systems at the Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, USA (former University of Missouri-Rolla, USA). Widely published and highly decorated with 20 US patents, he is a fellow of the Institute of Measurement and Control, UK, and the Institution of Engineering and Technology, UK. He has been on the organizing committees of several IEEE conferences, and served as the IEEE Control Systems Society Intelligent Control Technical Committee chair. Hao Xu earned his master's degree in electrical engineering from Southeast University, Nanjing, China, in 2009, and his Ph.D from the Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, USA (formerly, the University of Missouri-Rolla, USA), in 2012. Currently, he is an assistant professor in the College of Science and Engineering and the director of the Unmanned Systems Research Laboratory at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, USA. His research interests include autonomous unmanned aircraft systems, multi-agent systems, wireless passive sensor networks, localization, detection, networked control systems, cyber-physical systems, distributed network protocol design, optimal control, and adaptive control.
- Author(s)Hao Xu,Jagannathan Sarangapani
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication24/11/2015
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleAutomation and Control Engineering
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note102 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables
- Weight842 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.