All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmphasizing practical understanding over the technicalities of specific algorithms, this elegant textbook is an accessible introduction to the field of optimization, focusing on powerful and reliable convex optimization techniques. Students and practitioners will learn how to recognize, simplify, model and solve optimization problems - and apply these principles to their own projects. A clear and self-contained introduction to linear algebra demonstrates core mathematical concepts in a way that is easy to follow, and helps students to understand their practical relevance. Requiring only a basic understanding of geometry, calculus, probability and statistics, and striking a careful balance between accessibility and rigor, it enables students to quickly understand the material, without being overwhelmed by complex mathematics. Accompanied by numerous end-of-chapter problems, an online solutions manual for instructors, and relevant examples from diverse fields including engineering, data science, ecomics, finance, and management, this is the perfect introduction to optimization for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Author BiographyGiuseppe C. Calafiore is an Associate Professor at the Dipartimento di Automatica e Informatica, Politecnico di Torino, and a Research Fellow of the Institute of Electronics, Computer and Telecommunication Engineering, National Research Council of Italy. Laurent El Ghaoui is a Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, the Department of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, and the Berkeley Center for New Media, at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Author(s)Giuseppe C. Calafiore,Laurent El Ghaoui
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2014
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note352 b/w illus. 126 exercises
- Weight1590 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.