All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionBased on research projects supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China and Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Optimization of Regional Industrial Structures and Applications provides an authoritative introduction to and survey of the cutting-edge research and applications in industrial structure optimization. Employing grey systems theory as its method of analysis, it integrates grey systems theory with industrial structure optimization theory to provide dynamic and efficient methods of measurement, analysis, and decision making. The authors cover several models of grey regional industrial structure, including grey correlation priority analysis, industrial structure order degree measurement model, regional leading industries grey assessment model and turnpike model. The first part of the book clarifies basic theory. This section covers the production and development of industrial structure theory, evolution laws of industrial structure, rationalization and upgrading of industrial structures, factors of industrial structure upgrading, input-output analysis, and mathematical modeling of regional industrial structures. The second section introduces four case studies that illustrate real-world research and applications. It considers the approaches and measures taken in China's industrial structure upgrade during the eleventh five-year plan . The case studies examine measures of and strategies for Jiangsu province's industrial structural adjustment. This section also presents the optimization and promotion study of the eleventh five industrial structure of ather city in China. The models detailed in this book t only develop application fields of grey systems theory, but also enrich the theories of industrial structure optimization. All of the methods presented in the text are reviewed in the case studies to supply readers with a vivid and practical understanding.
- Author BiographyDr. Yaoguo Dang is the director of Department of Management Science and Engineering at College of Economics and Management, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China. He is the vice director of the Institute for Grey Systems Studies and also of Post-Evaluation Center in Jiangsu Province. He also serves as the vice president of the Grey Systems Society of China. He is the secretary-general of Chinese Agricultural Systems Engineering Youth Seminar. He is also an advisor for doctoral students in management science and engineering disciplines. Dr. Dang has directed and participated in more than 30 research projects at provincial and national levels. He has published more than 100 research papers in national and international journals and more than nine books. Over the years, he has been awarded national and provincial prizes nine times for his outstanding achievements in scientific research and applications. He has won many accolades for his excellent achievements. He was selected as the excellent young scholar of Henan province in 1998. He was recognized as the training object selected as the training object by 333 high-level talents project of Jiangsu province. He was selected as the young leader in science and technology of 333 high-level talents of Jiangsu province in 2007. Dr. Dang serves as a member of the editorial board of some professional journals such as Journal of Grey System (Taiwan) and Grey Systems: Theory and Applications (USA). Dr. Sifeng Liu received the bachelor's degree in mathematics from Henan University, China in 1981, the MS degree in economics, and the PhD degree in systems engineering from Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China, in 1986 and 1998, respectively. He was a visiting professor at Slippery Rock University in Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania and Sydney University in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. At present, Professor Liu is the founding director of the Institute for Grey Systems Studies and the dean of College of Economics and Management of Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics. He is also a distinguished professor and guide for doctoral students in management science and systems engineering disciplines. Dr. Liu's main research activities are in grey systems theory and regional technical innovation management. He has directed more than 50 projects at the national, provincial, and ministerial levels, has participated in international collaboration projects, and has published over 200 research papers and 16 books. Over the years, he has been awarded 18 provincial and national prizes for his outstanding achievements in scientific research and applications. In 2002, he was recognized by the World Organization of Systems and Cybernetics. Dr. Liu has won several accolades such as the National Excellent Teacher in 1995, Excellent Expert of Henan Province in 1998, Excellent Science and Technology Staff in Jiangsu Province in 2002, Expert Enjoying Government's Special Allowance in 2000, National Expert with Prominent Contribution in 1998, National Advanced Individual for Returnee and Achievement Award for Returnee in 2003, and Outstanding Managerial Personnel of China in 2005. Dr. Liu is a member of the evaluation committee of Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), a member of the standing committee for teaching guide in management science and engineering of the Ministry of Education, China. He also serves as an expert on soft science at the Ministry of Science and Technology, China. Professor Liu currently serves as the chair of the Technical Committee of the IEEE SMC on Grey Systems, as the president of Grey Systems Society of China (GSSC), as vice president of Chinese Society for Optimization, Overall Planning and Economic Mathematics (CSOOPEM), as co-chair of Beijing Chapter and Nanjing Chapter of IEEE SMC, as vice president of Econometrics and Management Science Society of Jiangsu Province (EMSSJS),
- Author(s)Sifeng Liu,Yaoguo Dang,Yuhong Wang
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/11/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleSystems Evaluation, Prediction and Decision-Making
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 104 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Series Edited byYi Lin
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.