Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe digital is the new milieu in which academic libraries must serve their patrons; but how best to utilize the slew of digital devices and their surrounding trends? Optimizing Academic Library Services in the Digital Milieu identifies best practices and strategies for using digital devices (such as tablets, e-readers, and smartphones) and copyrighted materials in academic libraries. Special consideration is given to e-books, iBooks, e-journals, and digital textbooks. This title describes how academic libraries can remain current, nimbly addressing user needs. An introduction gives an overview of techlogy in academic libraries, including the foundations of copyright law and user behavior in relation to digital content. Three parts then cover: digital rights management (DRM); practical approaches to e-content for librarians; and emerging pedagogy and techlogy. Finally, the book concludes by telling libraries how to remain agile and adaptable as they navigate the digital milieu.
- Author BiographyBrendan Ryan is a Digital Initiatives Librarian at Rhode Island College (RIC). Previously he worked in the Reference department at RIC and in an access services capacity at Providence College. At Providence, Brendan developed a mobile site for the library and presented and published on the topic. The reference position at RIC allowed him to assist students in performing research using digital content in the academy. Presently, his work centers around digitizing and creating ebooks from archival content These practical experiences inform his work, and this book. Brendan holds an MLIS from the University of Rhode Island, USA.
- Author(s)Brendan Ryan
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleChandos Information Professional Series
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.