All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOptimum Drive ─ Why should you just be good when you can be great? Attaining peak performance: Optimum Drive is a motivational book that uses top level race car driving as a metaphor for peak performance. As a professional racing driver himself as well a driving coach for over 20 years, the author Paul F. Gerrard has penned his unique perspective on what causes people to stagnate with the idea of being merely good, when each of us has the potential to be great. Gerrard believes that peak performance is within our grasp. He lays out his step-by-step process for attaining peak performance with detailed nuance threaded throughout. If you have ever been curious about maximizing your own ultimate potential, Optimum Drive is for you! Mental toughness: Greatness is as hard to quantify as it is to achieve...probably t a coincidence. In this debut book, Optimum Drive, professional driver Gerrard helps you understand the mental toughness that it takes to reach that greatness. He starts off by taking you onto the track as he explores what driving at 200 mph can teach us about who we are. Using his experiences from behind the wheel at death-defying speeds, Gerrard breaks down the psychology of driving, what it takes, and how we can use it to achieve greatness in life. Flow psychology and staying in the zone: The key to the mental toughness that Gerrard believes it takes to achieve peak performance is the nirvana-like sensation of flow psychology or being in the zone. Flow psychology, or being in the zone, is a mental state in which one who is performing an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and joy. It is through flow psychology that Gerrard introduces a blend of holistic mindset combined with a competitive edge, which is essential to successful professional driving. This mix of guts, tenacity and endurance is the foundation of Gerrard's philosophy for attaining greatness. Natural vs. earned talent; After flow psychology, you will learn about natural vs earned talent and how the way we drive is representative of who we are. From braking, cornering and accelerating to anticipation vs. reaction, refining a process that defines our greatness in or out of the car.
- Author(s)Paul F Gerrard
- Date of Publication16/05/2017
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight363 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.