Oracle 10g Data Warehousing by Shilpa Lawande, Pete Smith, Lilian Hobbs, Susan Hillson (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $106.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $45.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOracle 10g Data Warehousing is a guide to using the Data Warehouse features in the latest version of Oracle -Oracle Database 10g. Written by people on the Oracle development team that designed and implemented the code and by people with industry experience implementing warehouses using Oracle techlogy, this thoroughly updated and extended edition provides an insider's view of how the Oracle Database 10g software is best used for your application. It provides a detailed look at the new features of Oracle Database 10g and other Oracle products and how these are used in the data warehouse. This book will show you how to deploy the Oracle database and correctly use the new Oracle Database 10g features for your data warehouse. It contains walkthroughs and examples on how to use tools such as Oracle Discoverer and Reports to query the warehouse and generate reports that can be deployed over the web and gain better insight into your business. This how-to guide provides step by step instructions including screen captures to make it easier to design, build and optimize performance of the data warehouse or data mart. It is a 'must have' reference for database developers, administrators and IT professionals who want to get to work w with all of the newest features of Oracle Database 10g.
- Author BiographyLilian Hobbs is a member of the Oracle Corporation New England Development Centre living in the UK. During the day she works on Oracle databases, but when she isn't writing books, Lilian is a keen astronomer and mountain bike rider. To find out more about this author you can visit her Web site at home.clara.net/lmhobbs. Lilian is the author of the following Made Simple books: Designing Internet Home Pages; Windows NT. Also, she is the author of the following Digital Press Books: RdB: A Comprehensive Guide; Digital's CDD/Repository (with Ken England); Oracle8i Data Warehousing. Susan Hillson is a Senior Director of Engineering Development at Oracle. Her group is responsible for the development of Summary Management, Oracle Data Guard, and the Database Utilities. She holds a MS degree in Computer Information Systems from Boston University. Susan has over 20 years' experience in the computer industry, including over 6 years teaching programming and database management systems. Susan co-authored Oracle8i Data Warehousing (Digital Press, 2000). Shilpa Lawande is a principal developer in Oracles's Server Technologies Division. She is a member of the team that introduced materialized view technology into the Oracle server. Shilpa has a BA from Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, and a Master's degree in Computer Science from University of Wisconsin-Madison. Pete Smith is a Technical Architect and data warehouse specialist with a wide range of expertise from application analysis, design and development through to database design, administration and tuning. This experience covers 19 years in the IT industry, 14 of which are specifically on Oracle platforms and demonstrates a high degree of longevity and familiarity with the Oracle database server and associated products. Qualified to degree level, Pete has worked for many years as an independent Oracle consultant and, more recently, in a senior position as a Principal consultant with Oracle UK; Pete now works for a specialist UK IT consultancy.
- Author(s)Lilian Hobbs,Pete Smith,Shilpa Lawande,Susan Hillson
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication17/11/2004
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDigital Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1700 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.