Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.61Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Oracle database is one of the most popular in the world, and for good reason. It's compatible, scalable, portable, and capable of performing incredibly fast. The advantages Oracle holds over its competition come with a price. However it's a highly complex database that's becoming more complex with every release. And this level of detail, of course, can begin to weigh on database administrators (DBAs). Fortunately, the Oracle DBA Pocket Guide from O'Reilly is on the case. This handy reference is designed to help administrators make more effective use of their time, by presenting a compact summary of DBA tasks in an easy-to-use form. With this book by your side, you'll have instant access to the most important concepts, best practices, tips, and checklists. The key topics of this book include: architecture, installation, configuration, tuning, and backup or recovery. Everything that you absolutely must kw to do your job well is right there at your fingertips. Moreover, the Oracle DBA Pocket Guide covers Oracle Database 9i, as well as its latest release, Oracle Database 10g. The first database designed for enterprising grid computing, Oracle Database 10g significantly reduces the cost of managing the IT environment with a simplified install, reduced configuration and management requirements, and automatic performance diagsis and SQL tuning. The latest in O'Reilly's line of bestselling Oracle titles, this book is an invaluable companion for any database administrator; new or experienced, interested in reviewing core Oracle concepts at a glance.
- Author BiographyDavid Kreines is the Manager of Database Services for Rhodia, Inc., and author of Oracle SQL: The Essential Reference (O'Reilly & Associates, 2000) and coauthor of Oracle in a Nutshell (with Rick Greenwald) (O'Reilly & Associates, 2002), Oracle Database Administration: The Essential Reference (with Brian Laskey) (O'Reilly & Associates, 1999) and Oracle Scripts (with Brian Lomasky) (O'Reilly & Associates, 1998). Dave has worked with Oracle as a developer and database administrator since 1985, on a wide variety of platforms, from PCs to mainframes. He is an Oracle Certified Professional, is certified as a DBA, and has been a frequent contributor to Oracle conferences, user groups, and publications, both in the United States and in Europe. Dave served two terms as president of the International Oracle Users Group -Americas (IOUG-A), and spent ten years on the board of directors.
- Author(s)David C. Kreines
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication26/08/2005
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight142 g
- Width108 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.