Oracle Solaris 11 System Administration: The Complete Reference by Michael Jang, Harry Foxwell (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $91.31+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $80.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $67.80Was:AU $106.99Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe only Oracle Press guide to Oracle Solaris 11 Oracle Solaris 11 System Administration: The Complete Reference explains the sophisticated capabilities of Oracle Solaris 11 and its vast updates. The book details installation, process and device management, access control and security, networking, virtualization, CSS, services, directories, and applications. It explains the significantly updated architecture of the networking stack, which w offers a simplified, unified, and enhanced interoperability and observability of the network interfaces. Other key features and important updates are addressed, including: new optimizations for enterprise-level scalability; built-in network virtualization; reductions in planned and unplanned system downtime; and on-disk ZFS encryption for achieving the highest levels of data center security. The primary focus of this Oracle Press guide is on the tasks and tools critical to the system administrator; it also provides a solid treatment of Web tools and explains the most relevant open source development tools for those administrators who also handle development tasks. The book is organized to get you up and running as efficiently as possible. Comprehensive coverage: Oracle, Sun, Solaris and the Open Source Community; Installation Options; Solaris Virtualization; Standard Solaris Commands and Shells; File Systems and Pools; Customize the Solaris Shell(s); Command-line Solaris for Linux Administrators; Solaris Package Management; Local Users and Groups; Basic System Performance Tuning; Service and Performance Management; Print Management; DNS and DHCP; Mail Services; Basic Security; The Network File System; The Solaris FTP Server; Solaris and Samba; Apache and the Web Stack; The Solaris Desktop Environment
- Author BiographyMichael Jang. RHCE, LCP, CompTIA Linux+, MCSE, is the bestselling author of RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide, now in its sixth edition, Ubuntu Server Administration, Ubuntu Certified Professional Study Guide, and several other professional technology titles. He is currently a full-time writer, specializing in operating systems and networks. Harry Foxwell is a principal consultant for Oracle Corporation's Public Sector organization, specializing in solutions consulting and customer education on cloud computing, virtualization, operating systems, and open source technologies. He has worked for Sun Microsystems since 1995. Harry contributes to one of Oracle's internal websites on Linux technical information, and blogs about cloud computing at http://blogs.oracle.com/drcloud/. He teaches graduate courses in operating systems and computer architecture at George Mason University.
- Author(s)Harry Foxwell,Michael Jang
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleNetworking & Comm - OMG
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1031 g
- Width190 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.