Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe last three decades have seen an explosion of biblical scholarship on the presence and consequences of the oral expression of tradition among Jesus' followers, especially in the earliest decades of the Common Era. There is a wealth of scholarship focused on 'orality'. This scholarship is, however, abstract and technical almost by definition, and to date introductory discussion exists that can introduce a new generation of biblical students to the issues being discussed at higher levels of scholarship. Rafael Rodriguez address this gap. Rodriguez adopts a fourfold structure to cover the topic, beginning with basic essentials for further discussion of oral-tradition research and definitions of key terms (the 'what'). He then moves on to discuss the key players in this area (the 'who') before examining the methods involved in oral-tradition research among New Testament scholars (the 'how'). Finally Rodriguez provides examples of the ways in which oral-tradition research can bring texts into clearer focus (the 'why'). The result is a comprehensive introduction to this key area in New Testament studies.
- Author BiographyRafael Rodriguez is Professor of New Testament at Johnson University, USA.
- Author(s)Rafael Rodriguez
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleGuides for the Perplexed
- Series Part/Volume Number309
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight377 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.