All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe tangy, juicy sweetness of oranges has made them a popular feature on our breakfast tables in the form of fresh fruit, juice and marmalade. Indeed, oranges and orange juices are so ubiquitous wadays that we take them for granted - but their journey to our supermarket shelves is a long and tantalizing story. This book follows the orange from its origins in China to the Arab world, the Mediterranean and around the globe, illuminating the wide-ranging cultural resonance and culinary presence of the well-kwn fruit. After bitter and sweet oranges arrived in the Mediterranean, where they were seen as a gift from the gods, they made their voyage to the Americas. The fruit has had a large impact on agriculture, garden design and architecture around the world. They have acted as symbols of great wealth in art, an inspiration for poets and painters, and a source of natural health. Oranges surveys the many varieties of oranges that w exist, explaining the practical complexities of orange cultivation and the challenges facing modern producers and consumers across the globe. Packed with delicious recipes and luscious photos, Oranges is a refreshing look at the king of citrus.
- Author BiographyClarissa Hyman is a food writer who has twice won the prestigious Glenfiddich Food Writer of the Year award.
- Author(s)Clarissa Hyman
- PublisherReaktion Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Series TitleEdible
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintReaktion Books
- Content Note40 colour, 20 black and white
- Weight340 g
- Width120 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.