All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOranges in No Man's Land brings Elizabeth Laird's emotional and gripping adventure to her next generation of fans. Since her father left Leban to find work and her mother tragically died in a shell attack, ten-year-old Ayesha has been living in the bomb-ravaged city of Beirut with her granny and her two younger brothers. The city has been torn in half by civil war and a desolate, dangerous man's land divides the two sides. Only militiamen and tanks dare enter this deadly zone, but when Granny falls desperately ill, Ayesha sets off on a terrifying journey to reach a doctor living in enemy territory.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Laird is the multi-award-winning author of several much-loved children's books. She has been shortlisted for the prestigious Carnegie Medal for Jake's Tower, Red Sky in the Morning, Secret Friends, The Garbage King, A Little Piece of Ground and The Fastest Boy in the World. She lives in Britain now, but still likes to travel as much as she can.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Laird
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication11/02/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Weight100 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.