Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.18Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.60Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe tumult of great powers colliding has passed and the city of Darujhistan and its citizens can at last get on with what matters: trading, bickering, politicking and enjoying all the good things in life. However, t all are ready to leave the past behind. A treasure hunter, digging amongst the burial grounds that surround the city, is about to uncover a hidden crypt. He will open the last of a series of sealed vaults - the one that other dared touch - and, in so doing, set free something so terrifying that the kwledge of its internment may have been systematically wiped from all history. Fortune hunters are also at work far to the south. When a fragment of Moon's Spawn, once the home of Amander Rake, Son of Darkness, crashed into the Rivan Sea it created a chain of small islands. Legends and rumours already surround them. The most potent of these is that here is hidden the Throne of Night, claimed by some to be the seat of Mother Dark herself. Either way, all who seek this ancient artefact - renegade mages, hardened mercenaries, even a Malazan army deserter - believe it will bestow unlimited power upon the eventual possessor. The stakes are high, greed is rife, betrayal inevitable, and murder and chaos lie in wait...
- Author BiographyBorn in Winnipeg in 1962, IAN CAMERON ESSLEMONT has studied and worked as an archaeologist, travelled extensively in South East Asia and lived in Thailand and Japan for several years. He now lives in Fairbanks, Alaska, with his wife and children. He has a creative writing degree and his novels Night of Knives, Return of the Crimson Guard, Stonewielder, Orb Sceptre Throne, Blood and Bone and Assail are all set in the fantasy world of Malaz that he co-created with Steven Erikson. His latest novel, Dancer's Lament, begins an exciting new series that is set in the same extraordinarily imagined world.
- Author(s)Ian Cameron Esslemont
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleMalazan Empire
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Books (Transworld Publishers a division of the Random House Group)
- Content NoteMaps
- Weight566 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- tik4tak2118 Nov, 2014by
A must for all you Malaz fans!
An excellent read, Has that real Malazan Empire touch to it involving the famous Bridgeburners, Seguleh and the rich continent of Duraghistan and it's famous characters.. Overall 4 stars...
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $19.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.