Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $27.00Trending at AU $29.00
- AU $41.41Trending at AU $43.61
- AU $57.90Trending at AU $85.98
- AU $27.44Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $34.08Trending at AU $41.98
- AU $27.52Trending at AU $29.05
- AU $29.95Trending at AU $30.43
About this product
- DescriptionIn Orchestral Pops Music: A Handbook, Lucy Manning provides a comprehensive and informative repertoire list for orchestral pops concerts. Like David Daniels' Orchestral Music: A Handbook, this volume, for which Daniels bestows a foreword, alleviates the time-consuming work related to programming a successful pops concert. Lucy Manning has collected over 2000 entries, representing the work of more than 650 composers. Each entry, presented alphabetically by composer, supplies detailed information about the work, including composer name and birth/death dates; the duration, instrumentation, and vocal needs for the piece; the publisher; and thematic suggestions. Other information, such as which songs are included in a medley and the person to whom a piece is dedicated, are ted when available. Four appendixes follow the main text, allowing for easy cross-referencing and accessibility. The appendixes organize the material by title, instrumentation, duration, and themes like Americana, Black History Month, Films, Holidays, Seasons, and TV. A final appendix provides the contact information for publishers and other sources. Perfect for conductors of all types of orchestras, this valuable resource is ideal for orchestral librarians, music directors, educators, and programmers searching for particular repertoire, programming ideas for pops concerts, or publishers for ordering music.
- Author BiographyLucy Manning is Orchestra Director and Assistant Professor of Music at Old Dominion University.
- Author(s)Lucy Manning
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication23/12/2008
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Out-of-print date30/10/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1234 g
- Width226 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Foreword byDavid Daniels
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.