All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionAn obscure independent filmmaker until Halloween (1978), John Carpenter has been applauded for his classic sense of compositions, yet reviled for his B-film sensibility. This second edition of the first book-length analysis finds in Carpenter's films a vision of a profound but unexpected order in the universe. The author analyzes Carpenter's early independent work, his made-for-television movies, his big Hollywood films (The Fog, Escape from New York, The Thing, Stephen King's Christine, Starman), his more recent independent work (Big Trouble in Little China, Prince of Darkness, They Live), and his contributions to films he did t direct. This edition fully updates the 1990 edition with attention to the films made since that date. With a chrology of Carpenter's career, a detailed filmography, photos, brief plot sypses, and a thorough index, this volume will be treasured by film scholars and fans alike.
- Author BiographyRobert C. Cumbow has published articles and reviews on film, drama, art, and music. He is the author of The Films of Sergio Leone (Scarecrow, 2007).
- Author(s)Robert C. Cumbow
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication06/12/2000
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleThe Scarecrow Filmmakers Series
- Series Part/Volume Number70
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width139 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.