All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionOrdinary Christology is defined as the account of who Jesus was/is and what he did/does that is given by Christian believers who have received formal theological education. In this fascinating study Ann Christie analyses, and offers a theological appraisal, of the main christologies and soteriologies operating in a sample of ordinary churchgoers. Christie highlights the formal characteristics of ordinary Christology and raises questions about how we should respond to the beliefs about Jesus held by ordinary churchgoers. Empirical findings have important pastoral, theological, and missiological implications, and raise important questions about the importance (or otherwise) of 'right' belief for being Christian. This book presents a model for how the study of ordinary theology can be conducted, with the in-depth theological analysis and critique which it both requires and deserves.
- Author BiographyAnn Christie is Senior Lecturer in Theology and Ministry, York St John University, UK.
- Author(s)Ann Christie
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/07/2012
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleExplorations in Practical, Pastoral and Empirical Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight578 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Series Edited byRevd Jeff Astley,Revd Canon Leslie J. Francis,Very Revd Prof. Martyn Percy,Dr. Nicola Slee
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.