All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionOrdinary Differential Equations: An Introduction to the Fundamentals is a rigorous yet remarkably accessible textbook ideal for an introductory course in ordinary differential equations. Providing a useful resource both in and out of the classroom, the text: * Employs a unique expository style that explains the how and why of each topic covered * Allows for a flexible presentation based on instructor preference and student ability * Supports all claims with clear and solid proofs * Includes material rarely found in introductory texts Ordinary Differential Equations: An Introduction to the Fundamentals also includes access to an author-maintained website featuring detailed solutions and a wealth of bonus material. Use of a math software package that can do symbolic calculations, graphing, and so forth, such as Maple(TM) or Mathematica(R), is highly recommended, but t required.
- Author BiographyKenneth B. Howell earned bachelor degrees in both mathematics and physics from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, and master's and doctoral degrees in mathematics from Indiana University. For more than thirty years, he was a professor in the Department of Mathematical Sciences of the University of Alabama in Huntsville (retiring in 2014). During his academic career, Dr. Howell published numerous research articles in applied and theoretical mathematics in prestigious journals, served as a consulting research scientist for various companies and federal agencies in the space and defense industries, and received awards from the College and University for outstanding teaching. He is also the author of Principles of Fourier Analysis (Chapman & Hall/CRC, 2001).
- Author(s)Kenneth B. Howell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication18/01/2016
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTextbooks in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note94 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables
- Weight1678 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.