All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionEvery year, the Federation of European Biochemical Societies sponsors a series of Advanced Courses designed to acquaint postgraduate students and young postdoctoral fellows with theoretical and practical aspects of topics of current interest in biochemistry, particularly within areas in which significant advances are being made. This volume contains the Proceedings of FEBS Advanced Course No. 88-02 held in Bari, Italy on the topic Organelles of Eukaryotic Cells: Molecular Structure and Interactions. It was a deliberate decision of the organizers t to restrict FEBS Advanced Course 88-02 to a discussion of a single organelle or a single aspect but to cover a broad area. One of the objectives of the course was to compare different organelles in order to allow the participants to discern recurrent themes which would illustrate that a basic unity exists in spite of the diversity. A second objective of the course was to acquaint the participants with the latest experimental approaches being used by in- vestigators to study different organelles; this would illustrate that methodologies developed for studying the biogenesis of the structure-function relationships in one organelle can often be applied fruitfully to investi- gate such aspects in other organelles. A third objective was to impress upon the participants that a study of the interaction between different organelles is intrinsic to understanding their physiological functions. This volume is divided into five sections. Part I is entitled Structure and Organization of Intracellular Organelles.
- Author(s)A. Azzi,Ferruccio Guerrieri,J. M. Tager,S. Papa
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/09/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight494 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.