All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the premise that many, if t most, reactions in organic chemistry can be explained by variations of fundamental acid-base concepts, Organic Chemistry: An Acid-Base Approach provides a framework for understanding the subject that goes beyond mere memorization. Using several techniques to develop a relational understanding, it helps students fully grasp the essential concepts at the root of organic chemistry. This new edition was rewritten largely with the feedback of students in mind and is also based on the author's classroom experiences using the first edition. Highlights of the Second Edition Include: * Reorganized chapters that improve the presentation of material * Coverage of new topics, such as green chemistry * Adding photographs to the lectures to illustrate and emphasize important concepts * A downloadable solutions manual The second edition of Organic Chemistry: An Acid-Base Approach constitutes a significant improvement upon a unique introductory technique to organic chemistry. The reactions and mechanisms it covers are the most fundamental concepts in organic chemistry that are applied to industry, biological chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, and pharmacy. Using an illustrated conceptual approach rather than presenting sets of principles and theories to memorize, it gives students a more concrete understanding of the material.
- Author BiographyMichael B. Smith, University of Connecticut, Storrs, USA
- Author(s)Michael B. Smith
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication08/12/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note2777 colour illustrations, 22 colour tables
- Weight3016 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.