All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionOrganic Nareactors: From Molecular to Supramolecular Organic Compounds provides a unique overview of synthetic, porous organic compounds containing a cavity which can encapsulate one or more guest(s). Confined space within a nareactor can isolate the guest(s) from the bulk and effectively influence the reaction inside the nareactor. Naturally occurring enzymes are compelling catalysts for selective reactions as their three-dimensional structures build up clefts, caves, or niches in which the active site is located. Additionally, reactive sites carrying special functional groups allow only specific reagents to react in a particular way, to lead to specific enantiomers as products. Equipped with suitable functional groups, then, nareactors form a new class of biomimetic compounds, which have multiple important applications in the synthesis of namaterials, catalysis, enzyme immobilization, enzyme therapy, and more. This book addresses various synthetic, organic nareactors, updating the previous decade of research and examining recent advances in the topic for the first comprehensive overview of this exciting group of compounds, and their practical applications. Bringing in the Editor's experience in both academic research and industrial applications, Organic Nareactors focuses on the properties and applications of well-kwn as well as little-examined nareactor compounds and materials and includes brief overviews of synthetic routes and characterization methods.
- Author BiographySamahe Sadjadi was born in 1981 in Tehran, Iran. She received her PhD degree in 2009 after doing research in developing novel catalysts in organic chemistry at Azzahra University. She worked as Assessment Senior Expert of Nanotechnology and Green Energy in Hitech Technology and industry center and subsequently appointed as an assistant professor at Iran Polymer and Petrochemical Institute. She has co-authored several research papers and review articles in refereed journals and edited some books on nanomaterials including Nanoreactors. Her research interest includes catalysis, nanomaterials, and green chemistry.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication22/03/2016
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight910 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited bySamahe Sadjadi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.