Organic Vegetable and Fruit Gardener: a Practical Directory of Garden Produce with Over 250 Photographs by Christine Lavelle, Michael Lavelle (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.00+ AU $8.95 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by cathbooks64
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a practical directory of garden produce with over 250 photographs. It is a comprehensive guide to vegetables, fruit and herbs, with advice on how to grow them in a healthy and chemical-free environment. It offers practical introduction illustrates the basic gardening materials and techniques you will need for successful organic gardening, helping you to grow beautiful and tasty produce for your kitchen. It offers guidance for choosing reliable varieties of vegetables and fruit, combined with tips on cultivation, after-care, harvesting and storing, as well as dealing with any common pests and diseases you may encounter. It is lavishly illustrated with over 250 inspirational and practical photographs, including step-by-step sequences demonstrating gardening techniques, luscious vegetable and fruit photographs, and over 25 hand-painted artworks. Creating and maintaining a working garden that is both safe and natural is becoming an increasingly common ambition among gardeners. This helpful guide contains directories of vegetables, fruit and herbs, each providing information on recommended varieties, their cultivation requirements, sowing, planting, harvesting and storage needs. From apple trees to rhubarb, a wide range of plants are covered. With its stunning photographs and a superbly well-informed text by award-winning authors, the book is the perfect guide for first-time growers and experienced gardeners wishing to transform their garden into a healthy, organic plot bursting with goodness.
- Author BiographyChristine Lavelle is a lecturer in horticulture and ecology at Writtle College, Chelmsford, UK. Her main areas of work are in organic growing and wildlife gardening. Michael Lavelle studied horticulture at Askham Bryan College in York UK. He has designed exhibits at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show, achieving gold medals in 1999, 2003 and 2005. Together, Christine and Michael won the Garden Media Guild Practical Book of the Year Award in 2008 for How to Create a Wildlife Garden (Lorenz Books).
- Author(s)Christine Lavelle,Michael Lavelle
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication27/03/2013
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 250 photographs
- Weight503 g
- Width168 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.