All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOrganizational encounters with risk range from errors and amalies to outright disasters. In a world of increasing interdependence and techlogical sophistication, the problem of understanding and managing such risks has grown ever more complex. Organizations and their participants must often reform and reorganise themselves in response to major events and crises, dealing with the paradox of managing the potentially unmanageable. Organizational responses are influenced by many factors, such as the representational capacity of information systems and concerns with legal liability. In this collection, leading experts on risk management from a variety of disciplines address these complex features of organizational encounters with risk. They raise critical questions about how risk can be understood and conceived by organizations, and whether it can be 'managed' in any realistic sense at all. This book is an important reminder that the organisational management of risk involves much more than the cool application of statistical method.
- Author BiographyBridget Hutter is Peacock Chair of Risk Management at the LSE and Director of the Centre for Analysis of Risk and Regulation (CARR) at the London School of Economics. Michael Power is Professor of Accounting and a Director of the ESRC Centre for the Analysis of Risk and Regulations (CARR) at the London School of Economics.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight380 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBridget Hutter,Michael Power
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.