All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe globalized nature of modern organizations presents new and intimidating challenges for effective relationship building. Organizations and their employees are increasingly being asked to manage unfamiliar relationships with unfamiliar parties. These relationships t only involve working across different national cultures, but also dealing with different organizational cultures, different professional cultures and even different internal constituencies. Managing such differences demands trust. This book brings together research findings on organizational trust-building across cultures. Established trust scholars from around the world consider the development and maintenance of trust between, for example, management consultants and their clients, senior international managers from different nationalities, different internal organizational groupings during times of change, international joint ventures, and service suppliers and the local communities they serve. These studies, set in a wide variety of national settings, are an important resource for academics, students and practitioners who wish to kw more about the nature of cross-cultural trust-building in organizations.
- Author BiographyMark N. K. Saunders is Professor in Business Research Methods in the School of Management, University of Surrey. Denise Skinner is Associate Dean (Applied Research) and Professor of Human Resource Management in the Faculty of Business, Environment and Society, Coventry University. Graham Dietz is Lecturer in Human Resource Management at Durham Business School, Durham University. Nicole Gillespie is Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour at Warwick Business School, University of Warwick. Roy J. Lewicki is Irving Abramowitz Memorial Professor of Business Ethics and Professor of Management and Human Resources at the Max M. Fisher College of Business, The Ohio State University.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/06/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Management
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note10 b/w illus. 17 tables
- Weight850 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byDr. Denise Skinner,Graham Dietz,Mark N. K. Saunders,Nicole Gillespie,Roy J. Lewicki
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.18Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.