Save on Textbooks
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.34
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.57
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.57
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $80.34
- AU $48.62Trending at AU $54.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis ground-breaking book is the first to provide museum staff, librarians and archivists with practical guidance on creating and organizing successful exhibitions. Drawing on international museum practice but applicable to any exhibition or display, the book sets out a time-line from the initial idea to the final legacy. Backed up by advice and guidance and with a list of resources for those who require in-depth kwledge, it has up-to-date information on new developments such as sustainability and flexibility in environmental conditions. Also included are the ten biggest mistakes and the top ten tips for exhibition success. Part One covers the 10 key stages for a successful exhibition: idea, planning, organization, packing and transport, installation, openings, maintenance and programmes, closure, touring, and legacy. Part Two is a directory of advice and resources, supplementing the information provided in Part One. Readership: Written by an international expert and designed for the first-time exhibition organizer as well as the professional, this book will become the standard for exhibition success. Recommended for museum staff, cultural heritage students, librarians, archivists, private collectors and anyone who needs practical guidance on organizing exhibitions.
- Author BiographyFreda Matassa FRSA MA(Hons) DipAL DipEd is a wellknown UK expert on collections management who advises, teaches and lectures internationally. Former Head of Collections Management at the Tate Gallery and co-founder of the European Registrars Conference, she is expert adviser on several European projects for museum standards and to the Minister of Culture on immunity from seizure. She was recently named one of the Top 50 Women to Watch in the arts and is the author of Museum Collections Management (Facet, 2011).
- Author(s)Freda Matassa
- PublisherFacet Publishing
- Date of Publication08/04/2014
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFacet Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.