All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fourth edition of this standard student text, Organizing Kwledge, incorporates extensive revisions reflecting the increasing shift towards a networked and digital information environment, and its impact on documents, information, kwledge, users and managers. Offering a broad-based overview of the approaches and tools used in the structuring and dissemination of kwledge, it is written in an accessible style and well illustrated with figures and examples. The book has been structured into three parts and twelve chapters and has been thoroughly updated throughout. Part I discusses the nature, structuring and description of kwledge. Part II, with its five chapters, lies at the core of the book focusing as it does on access to information. Part III explores different types of kwledge organization systems and considers some of the management issues associated with such systems. Each chapter includes learning objectives, a chapter summary and a list of references for further reading. This is a key introductory text for undergraduate and postgraduate students of information management.
- Author BiographyJennifer Rowley is Professor of Information and Communications at Manchester Metropolitan University and Richard Hartley is Professor of Information Science at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK.
- Author(s)Dr. Jennifer Rowley,Richard Hartley
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2008
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteincludes 91figures
- Weight738 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.