All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile there is a layered complexity to world-rewned chef Peter Gilmore's ethereal - yet grounded - cuisine, his philosophy of cooking is relatively simple. Just four elements are required to create perfect unison in a dish: nature, texture, intensity and purity. In his new book, Peter invites the reader to share in his private obsession with nature - when t in the kitchen at Sydney's Quay restaurant, he is working in his experimental garden where he grows a huge array of edible plant species. Each component of a plant, from sweet, earthy roots to bitter fronds and fragrant blossoms, is potentially destined for inclusion in one of the 40 exquisite dishes featured here. Peter also introduces us to the many influences on his cooking, and to the people who grow, catch and source key ingredients. Images include intensely beautiful food and ingredient shots, as well as producers and produce photographed on location.
- Author BiographyPeter Gilmore is executive chef of the three-hatted Quay restaurant in Sydney, which has appeared on the S. Pellegrino World's 50 Best Restaurants list for five years in a row. Peter's first cookbook, Quay: Food Inspired by Nature, published in 2010, showcased his nature-based cuisine, organic presentation and the fine dining experience at Quay.
- Author(s)Peter Gilmore
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication22/10/2014
- SubjectVegetarian Cookery
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Out-of-print date24/02/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2531 g
- Width261 mm
- Height319 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Interest AgeFrom
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.