All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the place of Eastern thought - Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Confucianism - in the Western intellectual tradition? Oriental Enlightenment shows how, despite current talk of 'globalization', there is still a reluctance to accept that the West could have borrowed anything of significance from the East, and explores a critique of the 'orientalist' view that we must regard any study of the East through the lens of Western colonialism and domination. Oriental Enlightenment provides a lucid introduction to the fascination Eastern thought has exerted on Western minds since the Renaissance.
- Author(s)J. J. Clarke
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/04/1997
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.