All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Orientalism and the Myth of the Arab Mind, Nissim Rejwan deftly surveys, analyses, criticizes and dismisses the primarily Western Orientalists' insistence on dwelling on the so-called Arab mind . In an attempt to amplify this idea, he cites a number of points made by scholars and observers who wrote on both sides of the subject: Raphael Patai, John Laffin, Edward Said, Bernard Lewis, and Akbar Ahmed, among others. Nissim Rejwan is the author of a dozen books on Arab and Middle Eastern culture and history, and manages skillfully to give a summary of the great number of points made by all those who took part in the controversial subject of the Arab mind . Apart from this particular subject, Orientalism and the Myth of the Arab Mind offers a good deal on other Middle Eastern and Arab topics.
- Author BiographyNissim Rejwan is currently a Research Fellow at the Truman Research Institute for the Advancement of Peace in the Middle East, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Over a distinguished, six-decade career as a historian and journalist, he has published fourteen books, including The Jews of Iraq: 3000 Years of History and Culture; The Last Jews in Baghdad: Remembering a Lost Homeland; and Israels Place in the Middle East: A Pluralist Perspective.
- Author(s)Nissim Rejwan
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight498 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.