All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDramatic increases in the values of the Mark I and Mark II family have stimulated renewed interest in these most prized of all Jaguar saloons. Many examples have been rejuvenated by professional restorers and mechanically minded owners, but how many of these cars boast the completely original and authentic specification which the most discerning enthusiasts demand?The information needed to determine how a restored car should look and what parts it should contain can be hard to find, but help is at hand for all owners, restorers and enthusiasts in this book. Drawing from factory records, parts books, catalogues and service bulletins, as well as the accumulated kwledge of the author and respected Jaguar restorers, this book provides the evidence of what constitutes an authentic Jaguar Mark II.
- Author Biography<b>Nigel Thorley</b> has been an enthusiast of the Jaguar marque all his life, his father and elder brother owning numerous examples of the brand. Nigel acquired his first Jaguar at the age of 18 and has only ever been without an example when he first got married (due to lack of funds)! At the time of writing he has owned over 70 Jaguars, so knows the cars intimately. He was a founder member and director of the largest Jaguar club, the Jaguar Enthusiasts Club, and is still editing their monthly 140 page magazine. Nigel has also written over 20 titles on Jaguar topics, including You & Your Jaguar, Jaguar All the Cars, Jaguar Mark 1 & 2 (also in the Great Cars series), and several Essential Buyer s Guides published by Veloce.</p>Nigel Thorley has been involved with Jaguars from a very early age, his father and older brother having owned many examples of the marque. One of his earliest memories is of traveling in the passenger seat of his father's SS 21/2-liter saloon at the age of five. Since learning to drive, Nigel has owned all kinds of Jaguars, including no fewer than sixteen examples of the MkII series. This practical experience has allowed him to study this Jaguar model range in depth over many years, making him ideally qualified to write this book. He has been a director of the Jaguars Drivers' Club and at one time was editor of its magazine, Jaguar Driver. Subsequently he was founder member and chairman of the Jaguar Enthusiasts' Club, today being a director of the club and editor of the magazine, Jaguar Enthusiast. As well as many magazine articles about Jaguar, he has written over twenty books on the marque and its models.
- Author(s)Nigel Thorley
- PublisherHerridge & Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/2008
- SubjectVehicle Maintenance & Manuals
- Place of PublicationBeaworthy
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHerridge & Sons Ltd
- Content Note150 full colour photographs
- Weight794 g
- Width225 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.